Medical Advisory Committee (MAC)
Comprised of selected primary care and specialty physicians from across the HealthCare Partners Network, the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) meets monthly with HCP staff physicians and managers to discuss critical clinical and healthcare management issues of relevance to our members and participating physicians. The MAC provides invaluable input on these issues to the organization, and assists HCP in communicating important information to the healthcare community.
For questions regarding content, please email Dr. Joseph S. Cervia at firstname.lastname@example.org
On a recurring basis, HCP invites our Primary Care Physicians to attend regional Medical Advisory Committee dinner meetings called HCPartnership Meetings.
The PCPs are asked to provide unbiased feedback, help explore the state of the marketplace, assess presented strategic concepts and share suggestions to enhance our relationship with you and your patients. Attendees are offered an honorarium for their time.
Please contact your Provider Relations Specialist to learn more about upcoming meetings or to reserve your seat at the next meeting.
Presentations from previous meetings are included below for your reference.
Topics presented by Dr. Joseph Padula and Dr. Joseph Cervia from 7/28/2020 include:
- Surviving Mechanical Ventilation in COVID Lung Disease – or Not: Dr. Joseph Padula
- Medical Policy Updates: Dr. Joseph Cervia
- Site of Service Utilization: Commercial/Medicaid
- Acupuncture for Chronic Lower Back Pain: Medicare
- Amniotic Membrane Transplantation for Ocular Reconstruction
- Bone Mineral Density Studies in Adult Populations
- Gender Affirming/Reassignment Surgery
Topics presented by Dr. Joseph Cervia on 6/30/2020 include:
- Back to the Future: How Lessons from one Pandemic May Save Lives in Another
- Observational Study of Hydroxychloroquine in Hospitalized Patients with Covid-19:
- Medical Policy Updates
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
- Glaucoma Surgery
- MYvantage® Hereditary Comprehensive Cancer Panel
- Posterior Tibial Nerve Stimulation for Voiding Dysfunction
- Read More
Topics presented by Dr. Joseph Cervia on 5/27/2020 include:
- Management of Critically Ill Adults with COVID-19
- Read more
- Pharmacologic Treatments for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) A Review
- Read More
- Other Clinicians and the Surge in Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Read More
Topics presented by Dr. Joseph Cervia on 4/28/2020 include: