Our home infusion program connects your patients to the in-home or outpatient medication infusion services they need.
Our specialty pharmacy department works closely with primary care physicians and specialists to coordinate patients to receive their maintenance infusions in the comfort of their own homes. All home infusions are completed by a fully trained RN who brings all of the necessary supplies and medications right to their door. For members unable to receive home infusions, our team works closely with their local Ambulatory Infusion Sites (AIS), allowing infusion therapy to be delivered in a safe, monitored outpatient environment.
“Patients overwhelmingly prefer Home Infusion” CVS Health, 2016
Our team of clinical pharmacists, nurses, and pharmacy technicians is ready to speak with your patients to answer questions and ease their concerns.
Advantages of Home or AIS Infusions
- The safety of not having to be exposed to infections that can be acquired during hospital visits
- Provides for a more peaceful environment in which care can be delivered
- Avoids unnecessary costs associated with hospital-based surcharges or higher co-pays for care
Examples of medications commonly infused in the home setting:
- IV Antibiotics
- Rituxan (for non-cancer diagnoses only)
- Tysabri (at TOUCH certified locations only)
This list is certainly not a complete one, and in addition, new drugs are continually assessed for home infusion access.
To refer an HCP patient for treatment, download and submit our Authorization Request form for Specialty Drugs & Oncology. For more information or to determine if a medication is available for home or AIS infusion, please contact Customer Service at (800) 877-7587.