Our home medication infusion program serves as a coordination hub for medication treatments in the home or occasionally at an outpatient Ambulatory Infusion Suite (AIS).
Our specialty pharmacy department works closely with primary care physicians and specialists to assist patients to receive their maintenance infusions in the comfort of their own homes.
“Patients overwhelmingly prefer Home Infusion” (CVS Health, 2016)
Our team of clinical pharmacists, nurses and pharmacy technicians are ready to speak with your patients to answer questions and ease their concerns. For members unable to receive home infusions, our team works closely with their local outpatient centers, allowing infusion therapy to be delivered in a safe, monitored outpatient environment. All home and AIS infusions are completed by a fully trained RN who brings all of the necessary supplies and medications right to your door or AIS.
Advantages of Home or AIS Infusions
- The safety of not having to be exposed to infections that can be acquired during hospital visits
- Provides for a more peaceful environment in which care can be delivered
- Avoids unnecessary costs associated with hospital based surcharges or higher co-pays for care
Examples of medications commonly infused in the home setting
- IV Antibiotics
- Tysabri (at TOUCH certified locations only)
- Rituxan (for non-cancer diagnoses only)
- And many more
This list is certainly not a complete one, and in addition, new drugs are continually assessed for home infusion access.
For more information, to determine if a medication is available for home or AIS infusion or to refer an HCP patient for treatment, please contact Customer Service at 1 (800) 877-7587.