Rewarding Providers for Great Patient Care
The purpose of our Provider Incentive Program is to reward providers for excellence in providing high-quality healthcare, for properly documenting that care in their patients’ medical records, and for submitting the associated claim and encounter data. PCPs must have a total HCP Medicare panel of 15 or more patients to participate in this program.
Just Announced: The 2022 Provider Incentive Program
HCP is pleased to offer the 2022 Provider Incentive Program. The purpose of this incentive is to reward providers for delivering high-quality healthcare, properly documenting care in their patients’ medical records, and submitting the associated claim and encounter data.
Part 1: Complete Well Visit or Annual Physical Exam and Submit Documentation
Complete a well visit or annual physical exam during the 2022 calendar year.
Documentation Submission Criteria:
- Use Pulse8 form to conduct Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) or Annual Physical Exam.
(AWV form or SOAP Notes are also acceptable as documentation of encounter)
- Fax completed Pulse8 or other acceptable form and corresponding Medical Record to (516) 394-5685.
- Submit a claim with one of the codes below through Change Healthcare (HCP payer ID#: 11328).
Accepted AWV and Physical Exam Claim Codes:
- CPT 99381- 99387: New Patient Annual Physical Exam
- CPT 99391-99397: Established Patient Annual Physical Exam
- HCPCS G0438: Annual Wellness Visit Initial
- HCPCS G0439: Annual Wellness Visit Subsequent
The codes listed can be billed once per calendar year.
Best Practice for Closing Quality Opportunities
Your chart notes must include patient name and DOB, along with provider signature with credentials, and date of service.
Part 2: STAR Measures Closed
Earn incentives for each of these Quality STAR Measures closed per eligible patient:
- Breast Cancer Screening*
- Care of Older Adults – Medication Screening
- Care of Older Adults – Pain Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Screening*
- Controlling Blood Pressure
- Diabetes – A1c <9*
- Diabetes – Eye Exam*
- Med Adherence – Cholesterol
- Med Adherence – Diabetes
- Med Adherence – Hypertension
- Med Reconciliation Post-Discharge
- Statins in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease*
- Statins in Patients with Diabetes*
*Indicates measures paid at a higher rate.
We Have Resources and a Dedicated Staff Available to Help you Achieve these Goals
Quality resources are available to assist with properly documenting patient care in medical records, and for submitting the associated claim and encounter data with the appropriate codes.
Find Documenting M.E.A.T., SOAP Notes, AWV forms, and other helpful tools and education on our Quality Tools webpage.
Our dedicated staff including quality specialists, clinicians, and coders are here to support you with programs, education, assessments, and technology.
Questions About the Incentive?
Contact your Provider Relations Specialist for any questions regarding this incentive.