HCP’s Preferred Specialist Physicians
Our Preferred Specialist Physicians account for all non-hospital based specialties defined by nationally recognized Boards of Accreditation, and it spans all of the HCP service areas, including all 5 boroughs of NYC, all of Long Island, and southern Westchester County.
When utilizing these hand-picked specialists:
- You can feel confident referring your patients to vetted doctors.
- You have easier access to specialty care resulting in increased patient satisfaction and improved health outcomes.
- Patients are provided with high-quality, cost-effective care in provider offices and outpatient settings.
HCP patient access to any Preferred Specialist Physician can be made without the need for a Referral or Prior Authorization number.
If you are unable to locate a specialist to meet your patient’s needs, please contact our Customer Engagement Center at (800) 877-7587. If urgent, call the HCP Real Time Resolution™ line at (866) 685-8996 for assistance.
HCP’s Centers of Excellence (COE) Practices
Our Centers of Excellence are elite subsets of HCP Preferred Specialists comprised of practices that have demonstrated, and are held to, the highest levels of operational and clinical excellence.
When clinically necessary, COE practices can provide immediate access to office consultation and follow-up, as well as rapid communication with referring PCPs.
HCP COEs contractually agree to:
- Provide access to same-day urgent visits at least 5 days/week. Simply identify yourself as an HCP provider when attempting to schedule an urgent appointment.
- Provide timely access to non-emergent visits
- Provide hospital follow up visits within 24 hours of discharge when necessary
- Perform specialty specific procedures in the most cost-effective setting when clinically appropriate alternatives exist
- Provide complete and timely clinical notes to the referring provider within 48 hours of the appointment and proactive updates regarding significant changes to the patient’s condition
- Be available for telephonic consultations and/or arrange for in-person evaluations when a patient is in the emergency department or requested by another provider caring for the patient
Use the Preferred Specialist Search Tool to identify PSN and COE providers.