Does Your Patient Have Osteoarthritis of the Knee?
Living with knee pain can be hard. Simple activities become difficult. Before recommending knee replacement or injections, some patients may benefit from a conservative approach like AposHealth.
What is AposHealth?
AposHealth uses a personalized foot-worn device to offload pressure from joints in the lower extremities and low back — leading to improved neuromuscular control, coordination and gait.
The AposHealth foot-worn device is FDA-cleared for treating knee osteoarthritis, to help temporarily reduce knee pain and improve lower extremity function during activities of daily living. It is also a non-FDA cleared wellness device which can improve quality of life in patients with other gait-related conditions such as chronic low back and hip pain.
The AposHealth Program
A specially trained AposHealth clinician assesses the patient’s condition and gait with the help of a computerized walking analysis. Based on the results, the clinician custom-calibrates the AposHealth foot-worn device.
The patient will wear the AposHealth device while going about their regular activities, generally for about an hour a day.
AposHealth Delivers Proven Results
A 2020 study published in the Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) showed that patients with knee osteoarthritis who used AposHealth experienced a 70% reduction in pain and a 60% improvement in function.
- 93% of patients did not progress to knee surgery within the first year of AposHealth treatment
- 58% reduction in over-the-counter pain medication usage and a 16% reduction in opioid usage due to improvements in pain
- 98% who used AposHealth said they would recommend it to friends and family
- Over 100,000 people have used AposHealth worldwide
Before and After with Real AposHealth Patients
See the difference AposHealth can make long-term – and even just a few minutes later!
How To Refer Your Patients to AposHealth
- PCPs and HCP Preferred Specialists can refer potential candidates to the providers listed below without the need for a referral or prior authorization. Non-HCP Preferred Specialists will need to request prior authorization from HCP.
- Apos-trained physical therapists are currently located in the Bronx, Manhattan, and Brooklyn, with new therapy locations being added soon.
Theradynamics Physical & Occupational Therapy
280 W 231st Street
Bronx, NY 10463
Phone: (718) 514-6120
ProHealth and Fitness PT OT
180 West End Avenue
New York, NY 10023
Phone (212) 600-4781
JAG-One Brooklyn Crown Heights
887A East New York Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11203
Phone: (718) 221-1022
- Once the PT has determined the member is a candidate, they will contact AposHealth to get the device custom fitted for your patient.
The treatment is available via Telehealth – trained clinicians can remotely assess and custom calibrate the device to meet your patient’s needs.
ONLY applies to members with EmblemHealth insurance.