What role does HCP play in my health care?
HealthCare Partners (HCP) is an Independent Practice Association (IPA) made up of thousands of Primary Care and Specialists doctors throughout the Greater NY Metropolitan Area.
HCP is led by physicians who help doctors remain independent, so they can deliver great care to their patients. The IPA provides clinical and administrative supports to help the physicians focus their attention on you, their patient.
HCP also works with your insurance companies, such as EmblemHealth and EmpireBCBS, to help ensure you have access to all the health benefits you need. Because our long history of success, your insurance company has partnered with us to help coordinate your care and to also perform some administrative services for them.
How do we help coordinate your care?
Here are just a few ways we assist our members:
- We can schedule appointments with your physicians
- We can recommend specialists in our network that require no referral
- We send reminders about preventative measures you need to keep you healthy
- We provide care coordination when you transition home from a hospital visit – this may include helping you or your caregiver understand what you need to do, explain medications, educate you on your condition, create a case management care plan or set up follow-up appointments.
- We help you access resources in your community that offer food and nutrition, housing, transportation, etc.
- We can connect you to a behavioral health care manager
- Our pharmacists can talk with you and/or your provider about your medications and doses
- We can locate an urgent care center near you
- We help to obtain health information about medical conditions that may be affecting you or your loved ones
Important Information on Coverage Decisions
Each day, HealthCare Partners Utilization Management (UM) Department makes decisions on many health insurance claims. These decisions are based only on appropriateness of care and the existence of coverage.
HealthCare Partners does not reward providers or other individuals for issuing denials of coverage, and does not offer financial incentives to UM staff based on decisions that promote underutilization of services.
HealthCare Partners is committed to ensuring that members have the care and services they need.
If you would like help managing your care, finding a specialist, accessing resources, or you just want more information, please contact HCP at (866) 685-8996.
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, call the TTY/TDD number at 711. For language assistance, please contact us at (800) 877-7587 and request an interpreter in your preferred language, free of charge.
We are here to help!