The pharmacy team at HCP works closely with our internal clinical departments, our providers and directly with our members.
Internally, our pharmacists support our case management teams, working to review patient care plans and making recommendations to ensure accuracy and safety of prescribed medications. In addition, our pharmacists play an integral role in the development of our population health programs and implementation of pharmaceuticals to increase patient experiences and outcomes.
Supporting our network providers, our pharmacists can create personalized treatment plans for your patients, offer dosing and titration recommendations, advise on potential adverse reactions, complete medication reconciliations, and provide drug specific education. Working together with you, particularly during discharge planning, our team will educate your patients about their medications and dosing.
In addition, the pharmacy team:
- Provides clinical support for members with hospital admissions related to medication misadventures.
- Assists providers and facilities to recommend medications that meet the requirements of the patient’s plan.
- Helps members manage their medications and simplify their regimens.
- Develops pharmacy recommendations for common conditions such as CHF, asthma, COPD and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Participates in health fairs and member events to review medications and answer questions.