The Pharmacy Team at HCP collaborates with our internal clinical department, providers, and directly with our members.
HCP pharmacists work alongside our case management teams reviewing patient care plans and making recommendations that ensure the accuracy and safety of prescribed medications. Our pharmacists play an integral role in the development of population health programs and the implementation of pharmaceuticals to increase patient experiences and outcomes.
Our pharmacists can help you create personalized treatment plans for your patients, offer dosing and titration recommendations, advise on potential adverse reactions, provide drug-specific education, and complete medication reconciliations. Our team will work together with you, particularly during discharge planning, to educate your patients about their medications and dosing.
Compliance with Chronic Medications
Compliance with chronic medications leads to better outcomes and healthier patients. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) measures adherence by calculating the proportion of days covered (PDC) at 80% or higher, targeting cholesterol, diabetes, and hypertension medications.
Please keep in mind:
- Our Clinical Pharmacists will work with your office and your patient’s pharmacy to facilitate a 90-day supply to increase compliance with these chronic medications.
- Consider sending a one-time 30-day refill to the pharmacy for patients overdue for a follow-up visit. Our pharmacy team will assist in coordinating the prescription to the pharmacy and scheduling a patient appointment with your office.
Statin Therapy in Diabetics and Cardiovascular Patients
Statin therapy for patients with diabetes and cardiovascular disease decreases the risk of cardiovascular events.
Please keep in mind:
- Patients with an LDL of more than 70mg/dL should be evaluated for statin therapy.
- Adults 40 to 75 years of age with diabetes, regardless of cardiovascular risk, should be prescribed a moderate-intensity statin.
- Our Clinical Pharmacists will be reaching out to your office to assist in identifying patients who are missing statin therapy.
In addition to what’s listed above, the pharmacy team:
- Provides clinical support for members with hospital admissions related to medication misadventures.
- Assists providers and facilities to recommend medications that meet the requirements of the patient’s plan.
- Helps members manage their medications and simplify their regimens.
- Develops pharmacy recommendations for common conditions such as CHF, asthma, COPD, and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Participates in health fairs and member events to review medications and answer questions.
To refer an HCP patient for treatment, download and submit our Authorization Request form for Specialty Drugs & Oncology.