HCP’s Preferred Specialist Network (PSN)
Our broad specialist network accounts for all non-hospital based specialties defined by nationally recognized Boards of Accreditation, and it spans all of the HCP service area, including all 5 boroughs of NYC, all of Long Island, and southern Westchester County.
When utilizing specialists within the network:
- You can feel confident referring your patients to vetted doctors.
- You have easier access to specialty care resulting in increased patient satisfaction and improved health outcomes.
- Patients are provided with high quality, cost-effective care in provider offices and outpatient settings.
HCP patient access to any provider within the PSN can be made without the need for a Referral or Prior Authorization number (with the exception of EmblemHealth Cohort 2 members, for whom a Notification to HCP is required for each visit).
If you are unable to locate a specialist to meet your patient’s needs, please contact our Customer Engagement Center 1(800) 877-7587 or if urgent, the HCP Real Time Resolution™ line 1(866) 685-8996 for assistance.
HCP’s Centers of Excellence (COE) Practices
Our Centers of Excellence are elite subsets of the Preferred Specialists Network and are comprised of practices that have demonstrated, and are held to, the highest levels of operational and clinical excellence.
When clinically necessary, COE practices can provide immediate access to office consultation and follow up, as well as rapid communication with referring PCPs.
HCP COEs contractually agree to:
- Provide access to same-day urgent visits at least 5 days/week. Simply identify yourself as an HCP provider when attempting to schedule an urgent appointment.
- Provide timely access to non-emergent visits
- Provide hospital follow up visits within 24 hours of discharge when necessary
- Perform specialty specific procedures in the most cost-effective setting when clinically appropriate alternatives exist
- Provide complete and timely clinical notes to the referring provider within 48 hours of appointment and proactive updates regarding significant changes to patient’s condition
- Be available for telephonic consultations and/or arrange for in-person evaluations when a patient is in the emergency department or requested by another provider caring for the patient
Use the PSN Lookup tool to identify PSN and COE providers.